28 September 2007

Kudos to Stroller Girl

I drive about 26 miles every morning to get to work. My alarm goes off at 5am so I can be on the road by about 0540 or so. By that time Rita has usually made me lunch and some tea to drink on my way in, plus a bit more in a small flask to take the edge off of the early morning arrival at work. I'm definitely not a morning person, give me a few days off, and I'm up till 2-3am, and getting out of bed around 10-12am or so. What does all this have to do with Stroller Girl? In reality, not much, I just wanted to give you a sense of how early this takes place.

Who is Stroller Girl you say? I really have no idea who she is, but nearly every morning as I'm driving to work, almost in the exact place every time (underneath the 522 bridge where it crosses SR2 if you really want to know), I see Stroller Girl. She's in her early to mid 20's, the baby she's pushing along is probably less than a year old, and I think she's trying to get back in shape after having the baby. Rita thinks there's more to the story than that, but I think it might just be that simple, she's out exercising. She's obviously NOT enjoying herself, her face is generally in a not-quite-grimace, her cheeks are bright red from the exertion, she's staring straight ahead, intent on whatever her goal is, and the baby is usually lolled over in the stroller, sound asleep. She probably wishes she were anywhere else but there, but she's there...every morning. That impresses me, and I just wanted to say kudos to you Stroller Girl.

4 comments:

david santos said...

Hello, Daveg!
Thanks for your posting, very good.
have a good weekend

DCampbell aka Puteri said...

Wow, didn't realize Rita is such a good wife .. wakes up early, fixes you lunch, and makes you tea! Kudos! My poor husband, also not a morning person, sort of zombie-like, takes care of his own breakfast, and fixes his own lunch.

daveg said...

David, thanks for dropping by, are you Portuguese as well? My family is from Madeira.

Puteri,
I know exactly how your husband feels, I'm somewhat zombie-esque myself before taking a shower, which seems to wake me up most of the way. Drinking R's tea on the way in usually brings me out of my stupor before I get to work.

Rita takes very good care of me, I was lucky to find her.

Lady Gargle said...

My husband is not a morning person himself. One time I had to put an ice cube in his shorts just to wake him up! And I think I did a good job hahahah!